Get behind the wheel and out on the open road with XPO's LTL Driver Training School. Led by veteran XPO drivers, this 12-week program gives you classroom instruction and hands-on, behind-the-wheel training on XPO equipment.
Your training will include:
- 80 hours of classroom study
- 160 supervised hours behind the wheel with a driver trainer
- The opportunity to work part-time as an XPO dock worker and earn a wage while going to school
- Training and education in a new career at no cost to you
Here are the LTL eligibility requirements:
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- 21 years of age or older
- Forklift experience preferred
- Have a safe driving record
- Can pass a background check, DOT drug test and physical (and have no prior positive tests or refusals)
- Able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation
- Pass a company-paid post offer, pre-hire screening (physical essential functions)
Students who complete the program, graduate, pass their state license exam and pass a post-offer, pre-hire screening (essential physical functions)* are promoted to a full-time position and given a driving assignment.
*This test will be paid for by the company.
Think this program is for you? Apply for an LTL student driver job.